Ending Your Tenancy Before It Starts
Up to and including the 31st July you are able to cancel your tenancy agreement with us within 3 days of you accepting the agreement. Should you cancel within this time, you will be released from your tenancy with no liability to pay any rent on the room.
From the 1st August you are not able to cancel your agreement and you will be tied in to the contract unless clause 18.104.22.168 in our contract is meet (please see clause 22.214.171.124 below)
All booking & application fees are non-refundable from the time of payment.
All cancellation requests must be made in writing to dwell. For the avoidance of doubt this can be in the form of letter, email or a completed cancellation request form.
Ending Your Tenancy Agreement after Your Contract Has Started
You cannot end your tenancy agreement before the end of the contract term. However, should you be able to find a suitable replacement tenant to take over your contract and the below criteria has been completed we would be able to release you from your tenancy;
- a replacement tenant has been found who has been approved by us a suitable tenant
- you have paid any administration fees owed to us for transferring your tenancy along with any rent owed on the room up to the end of your tenancy period
- paid any reasonable charges that are ascertained during an inspection of the flat and room at the end of your tenancy period
- the new tenant has signed a tenancy agreement with us for a period that is equal to the rest of your fixed term
- the new tenant has paid all booking or applications fee owed and any rent owing on the room
- the new tenant has provided all documents required including guarantor information if applicable
Only once all of the above criteria have been meet would your liability under this tenancy agreement end
Failure of a new tenant signing a tenancy agreement for the room and fulfilling all criteria will mean you are liable for all rent on the room until the end date set out in the principals of your contract.
If you are a 1st year student and you haven’t got the required grades for your University, you will be released from your contract providing we receive a cancellation request within 48 hours of your results being published. You will also need to provide supporting evidence from UCAS or your University.
Any application/booking fee paid will not be refunded back to you, however any rent payments made will be refunded in full.