Excited about moving but unsure about what to pack? Your first thought may be to bring everything familiar with you. Don’t. Just pack the essentials below and bring the rest on your next trip.
Or you could save some money and share items with your future flatmates. Connect with them even before you arrive on Facebook for MSV, MSV South, The Grafton and CC.
Here’s a list to help you get started.
Make it your own space with colourful cushions and pictures of home. Remember to bring your own:
- Duvet and duvet cover
- Pillows and pillowcases
We provide the essential appliances (kettle, toaster and microwave), so you don’t have to lug them from home. Just bring your own:
- Plates, bowls, mugs, glasses and pans
- Cutlery and utensils (tin/bottle opener, scissors, etc.)
- Tea towels and oven gloves
- Washing up liquid, dish cloth and scrubbing brush
Some things you just can’t share, like your personal care items. So remember to pack them:
- Bath and hand towels
- A basket for your shower things
- Toilet roll (replenish often)
- Toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash
- Soaps, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, etc.
We provide a desk in every room so you can study late in the night. Bring your own:
- Desk lamp
- Stationary (Pens, pencils, staplers, post-it notes, etc.)
- Notepads and A4 paper for printing
- Folders to file your work
You don’t do any of it at home, but if you want a clean room, here’s what you have to bring with you:
- Laundry bag
- Laundry detergent
- Clothes rack to dry your smalls
- Cleaning products for the flat
- Vacuum cleaner (Or you could hire one from the reception)
Check and double check your list, so you arrive prepared with everything you need.
- Bring all your essentials from the Packing list here.
- Pack your passport. You’ll need a photo ID to collect your keys.
- Pre-book your transport and arrive in style, and on time.
- If you’re driving, we have car parks at the MSV, MSV South and Cathedral Campus. It’s free parking on arrival day for you. If you wish to park longer please speak to the site team on the day
- Get unpacked and settle in. Say hello to your new neighbours at our Check-in Party.
Enjoy your stay!
Do you shop online? Or expecting parcels or mail from home? We’ll be happy to sign for them if you’re not in. Just make sure the sender includes your registered name and your flat number.
To claim your parcels, bring your photo ID to our reception. Download our dwell app for updates on when your parcels have arrived. Make sure you download the app here.
Why bring everything on the Packing List, when you can get them delivered to you? We have a broad range of gadgets and essentials for you. Order what you need before you move in and your pack will be ready for your arrival.
Staying with us has many privileges. One of them is you’ll get amazing discounts at Student Beans. Sign up now
to enjoy your offer.
Disclaimer: Student Beans operates as a separate company from Centurion Students UK and we are in no way connected to each other. Any offers or discounts provided by Student Beans are not covered by any warranty or guarantee from dwell students and we do not have control over what offers or discounts are displayed on this website. Your use of information or materials on this website are at your own risk.