Job title: Purchase Ledger Clerk
Permanent / Temporary: Temporary
Location: Manchester Student Village
Hours: 40 hours per week
Reports to: Finance Manager
Assist Purchase Ledger Clerk with the purchase ledger function within the finance department for Centurion Student Services (UK) Ltd.
- Convert PQ’s into Purchase Orders
- Process invoices received
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Process utility invoices and obtain monthly meter readings
- Other ad hoc finance tasks
Skills and Experience
- Must be cost conscious and analytical to investigate and resolve ledger discrepancies.
- Has a good knowledge and experience of working with excel spreadsheets and a financial ledger
- This person must possess strong organisational and good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Attention to detail and accuracy in their work.
- The ability to use their own initiative and work proactively (come with a solution).
- Time management.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities associated with this role, the role holder will be expected to:
- Provide world class customer service even in the most demanding situations;
- Comply with all Standard Operation Procedures relevant to their role;
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty and respect for others, promoting equality of opportunity, and challenging unfair discrimination;
- Respect confidentiality: all confidential information should be kept in confidence and not released to unauthorised persons;
Centurion Corporation Core Values
RESPECT We treat every individual with consideration, dignity and respect at all times. We are sensitive and attentive to different needs arising from the diverse backgrounds, nationalities, religions, traditions and culture. We have in place consultation and grievance mechanisms for the well-being of our residents, customers and staff.
INTEGRITY We believe in upholding the highest standards of integrity and to confidently act with honesty at all times. We have the courage to do what is right, and earn the trust of all our customers and stakeholders, dedicating our best knowledge and skills to obtain the best outcome.
CREATIVITY We explore innovative methods, processes and best practices to achieve higher efficiency and productivity to stay ahead value. As a team, we encourage personal initiative, resourcefulness and a positive mind-set for change to make a difference. This ensures that we embrace change while constantly improving ourselves to keep ahead of competition, and enables us to continue pushing boundaries and expectations.
EXCELLENCE We strive for excellence and persevere in everything we do to obtain the best outcome. Our focus and commitment to quality is embedded in every aspect of our business – not just physical infrastructure and products, but also our relationships, processes and services that go into creating a healthy and positive environment.