Coordinator, Development and Asset Management
Position: Permanent Post
Location: Manchester City Centre, M1
Hours: 40 hours per week
Reports to: Senior Manager, Development and Asset Management
Salary band: £20,000 to £25,000 per annun subject to experience
Bonus: Performance based bonus
Dwell Student Living are currently recruiting for a Coordinator to work within the Development and Asset Management team.
This position is key and you would work closely with contractors, customers and colleagues to co-ordinate the administrative duties that deliver an effective and efficient service, in facility management, health and safety and development projects.
We are looking for an experienced administrator who has a working knowledge of Facility Management sector and enjoys working in a small team.
We are proud members of ANUK and are ISO 9001 accredited for all our offices in the UK.
- Maintain and regularly update the computerised repair ordering system;
- Review and approve low level cost variations within delegated authority of financial standing orders;
- Produce standard and custom reports relating to repairs and maintenance performance. Based on the reports produced, take corrective actions to ensure performance targets are achieved;
- Work closely with colleagues in the finance team to process payments;
- To comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and update/ develop with agreement of line manager:
- To manage and monitor approved contractor / vendors list including all paper work is up to date;
- To manage the day to day function of repair contracts including co-ordination and communication with residents, contractors and colleagues;
- Respond in a timely manner to customer and colleague enquiries regarding repair and maintenance matters;
- Undertake general administrative tasks to support the department and customers;
- Undertake any other duties in order to achieve personal, team and organisational objectives following consultation with your manager;
Skills and Experience
- Educated to minimum A Level standard or equivalent
- Full Driving License
- Practical Experience that can be proven in contract management in respect of H+S, FM and Project Management.
- Managing contractual disputes.
- Practical experiences with working with data bases.
- Strong Customer services experience
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Ability to create and modify detailed spreadsheets.
- Problem solving skills.
- An understanding of the facilities/ repairs & maintenance functions and principles.
- Recognised qualification in IT, data analysis or similar.
- Recognised business administration qualification.
- Technical qualification.
- Nebosh Health and Safety
- Experience of repairs and maintenance in a social housing / Student accommodation setting.
- Strong commitment to customer service excellence.
- Demonstrates drive and resilience
- Proactive approach to work.
- Self-starting and self-motivated.
- Performance Focused.
- Focus on getting things done
In addition to the duties and responsibilities associated with this role, the role holder will be expected to:
- Provide world class customer service even in the most demanding situations;
- Comply with all Standard Operation Procedures relevant to their role;
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty and respect for others, promoting equality of opportunity, and challenging unfair discrimination;
- Respect confidentiality: all confidential information should be kept in confidence and not released to unauthorised persons;
- Undertake appropriate training and development including performance review system as required.
Centurion Corporation Core Values
RESPECT We treat every individual with consideration, dignity and respect at all times. We are sensitive and attentive to different needs arising from the diverse backgrounds, nationalities, religions, traditions and culture. We have in place consultation and grievance mechanisms for the well-being of our residents, customers and staff.
INTEGRITY We believe in upholding the highest standards of integrity and to confidently act with honesty at all times. We have the courage to do what is right, and earn the trust of all our customers and stakeholders, dedicating our best knowledge and skills to obtain the best outcome.
CREATIVITY We explore innovative methods, processes and best practices to achieve higher efficiency and productivity to stay ahead value. As a team, we encourage personal initiative, resourcefulness and a positive mind-set for change to make a difference. This ensures that we embrace change while constantly improving ourselves to keep ahead of competition, and enables us to continue pushing boundaries and expectations.
EXCELLENCE We strive for excellence and persevere in everything we do to obtain the best outcome. Our focus and commitment to quality is embedded in every aspect of our business – not just physical infrastructure and products, but also our relationships, processes and services that go into creating a healthy and positive environment